Friday, March 16, 2012

Jewelry display

My friend Carmen is a crafting genius.  She suggested using chicken wire for another project I am working on and it gave me another idea for a way to use chicken wire.  I have been trying to figure out a good way to store/display my jewelry so it is easily accessible and doesn't require hours of untangling necklaces.  I decided to take this great frame I got at a garage sale last summer and turn it into my jewelry display.  


I first used the same automotive primer from my previous post, a grey color, to spray the whole frame.  Once it was dry, I took some other automotive paint we had, chrome, and lightly "dusted" the parts of the frame that are more prominent.  


Then I put a screw in each corner of the back of the frame and tightened them ALMOST all the way down. Then I stretched the chicken wire over each screw and then tightened them down the rest of the way.  
Then I hooked conventional picture hangers on the chicken wire for my necklaces.  
TA DAAA!

1 comment: